THE COUCH PANTS


Have you ever had a blog you love, where the blogger suddenly gets some uninteresting and totally encompassing obsession? Like the best way to crush egg shells? And do you, dear reader, sit in your chair wondering how to best say "I appreciate this is your space, but can you please talk about quilting and lipstick again?"* without seeming like some crazy blog fan?

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I adore you, I adore what we have going on, and I want to give you fair warning: I feel a pant-a-palooza coming on. I've always been a pant > skirt girl but have never, ever, found a pair that really fit. I'm a tall lass (5"10) with a size 8 waist and a size 12 ass, and if there was ever anything RTW that could fit me it was probably made in error. Despite the shitty weather (and therefore shitty photos) I am just so damn excited to share these pants with you, because goddamit they fit.

The stats
Pattern: Colette Clover 
Alterations: Full-butt adjustment, lengthen the leg 15cm, plus other, minor alterations. I also aded pin-tucks to the front of the leg.
Fabric: I've forgotten but it's stretchy, cottony, and was picked by the super sexy Sophie (hi!) when buying it.



* All the characters, incidents and places in this quilting & lipstick scenario are fictitious. Resemblance to any person living or dead or any incident or place is purely coincidental. But for realsies, I would read a blog about quilting & lipstick.

27 love notes:

  1. XD I laughed when I saw the fabric cuz I had something similar I'd picked up for making a coat with that got..shall we say re-invented by someone else as couch cushions XD The pants look great and yea pants over skirts anyday (I get around on a scooter and am not a fan of any kind of road rash). Keep rockin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God damn they fit you well!!!
    I am working on Burda pants, my first pair! Well, second if you count the mock up. I too have issues with RTW pants and the only pants i own that fit are two pairs of jeans, that's it! Have to add Clovers to the list of pants to make!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog with burdastyle and I love what you sew! Those pants are incredible! :)
    It makes me want to have a pair too! And the fabric is just awesome!!

    mpbymaude.blogpsot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are perfect! Isn't it so satisfying, after a lifetime of awful-fitting RTW? I am tall, too, and NEVER had a pair of pants fit both my height and my waist. EVER.
    I went through my own pantsapalooza almost exactly a year ago, and it lasted a whole month! http://olderthanvintage.blogspot.com/2012/04/pantsapalooza.html
    I figured, I finally got pants to fit me, so I was going to go wild. I just got the urge again last week and started making another pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these, great fabric and fit! I've never attempted pants, big adjustments scare me, but these are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingness! They are very ReRe pants. And they look fantabuloso on you :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, amaAAAAZING!! So so flattering. You don't have a big butt at all, what are you talking about crazy lady? And the fabric was a great choice, if I don't say so myself...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what great pants. You look awesome in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They fit you so well. I would probably wear pants too if I had a pair that looked as great as yours. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whaaaa they look amazing! Loving the rococo luxe of the fabric and pin tucks. It's all about pants that fit well, especially for us girls gifted with small waists and juicy doubles.

    PS. I'm definitely in for the pant-a-palooza. In fact, yours is a blog that I find such a joy to read that you could turn it into an "I hate flamingoes" rant for the next 6 months and I'd still swing by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't. No room for flamingo haters in my heart! ;)

      Delete
  11. These are fantastic! They fit you so well. I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to tackle pant fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your babeliness is legendary. AND THOSE PANTS FUCKING ROCK. They have the perfect rise. Sometimes a slightly higher waist looks awkward with anything tucked in but these are divine.

    You can pants party your blog all you want. I'm into it. I've been meaning to get on the pants train as well (me, also with this booty, find pants a pain). I'm meaning to get to some jeans and wide leg work numbers sometime this year, so I will follow your pants pursuit with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pants are divine, you can totally just make beautiful pants all day long if you like! I'd love to give pants a go myself, but I'm waaaayyy too scared! You look HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and my ohh my, i LOVE those pants. I'm new to sewing so way to scared to try trousers just yet but when I do.... I have the same problem with fitting too, I'm nearly 6 foot, with a size 8 waist and a size 12/14 butt. I need to find out how you do a full-bull-adjustment! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy I just used the Colette sew-along post (here: http://www.coletterie.com/sewalongs/clover-sewalong-full-or-flat-butt-adjustments). I feel there are a few details missing (i.e., how do you know how much to spread the pieces by?) but it worked out great! Give it a go :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will give it a go, when I grown enough balls to try a pair of pants. And I meant full BUTT adjustment, not bull (stupid autocorrect). x

      Delete
  15. Wow I love these and everything about them, fit, pattern and fabric!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! These are the coolest pants I've ever seen. You always make such amazing stuff. I want your entire wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOO HOO! They are amazing. You look fantastic and I think they are the best fitted Clovers I have seen yet! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And god-damn they fit well. How much trudging through uncharted pants fitting territory did you have to do to get there? Best. Pair. Yet. I'm all for pant-a-palooza. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy f--k, girlfriend, HOW ARE YOU GETTING THIS STUFF TO FIT SO PERFECTLY?! First the Charlotte skirt, now the Clovers?!?! Having some serious envy here! Love the fabric, too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so freakin' cool. A-ma-zing fit, and perfect print. Clover is an awesome pattern, and you really made these your own! Incredible version!

    ReplyDelete
  21. THESE ARE FUCKING AMAZING!!! Here I am, fence sitting on wearing plain red pants, and you've made The Pants of Awesomeness!! You make me sorry that I gave this pattern away! Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. eeep, just stumbled upon these......they look fabulous! must make...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I LOVE hearing from you!

If you ask a question pop back because I'll answer it here, and please use a name or alias (not 'Anonymous') so I know who you are! x